Prep & Safety
Unless otherwise indicated, do not eat or drink anything but water four hours prior to your study. We encourage drinking water prior to your exam. Some patients may be asked to drink oral contrast before their study, which enhances the images. Typically, we ask patients to arrive one hour in advance to drink oral contrast; however some patients may receive oral contrast in advance with instructions specific to their study. In some cases, no oral contrast may be necessary.
- If drinking contrast, please arrive one hour and 15 minutes prior to your exam time.
- If your study does not require contrast, please arrive 15 minutes prior to your exam.
Some studies require different preparations. Please be sure to review the details for your particular study.
Please notify our scheduling department and technologists if:
- You are pregnant
- You have severe allergies, or if you have ever had an allergic reaction to X-ray dye or iodine.
- You have any medical conditions such as asthma or diabetes.
- You have a history of renal failure, liver or kidney transplant.
- You are diabetic. Diabetic patients should discontinue use of Metformin containing drugs the day of the exam and 48 hours after the procedure.